Traveling can mean encountering the unexpected, from small inconveniences to truly serious emergencies. Our travel insurance plan offers a wide range of coverage and 24/7 travel assistance to meet the challenges of today’s travel and help you enjoy a worry-free trip.
Here’s the Top 10 reasons to consider the unexpected:
1. My child is too sick or has encountered an unexpected injury and cannot travel.
Our travel insurance plan includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage which allows you to cancel or interrupt your trip and be reimbursed for non-refundable expenses related to your trip, protecting your travel investment.
2. We were traveling when I suddenly developed chest pains.
When a medical emergency happens far away from home and proper medical facilities, you want to ensure you receive adequate medical care and emergency transportation for you if needed to the nearest facility or back home. Our plan can also include pre-existing condition coverage.
3. My employer is downsizing – I’m concerned about losing my job.
Our trip cancellation/interruption benefits protect against employment termination, layoffs, transfers, mergers and acquisitions, allowing you to recover your trip investment if the unthinkable should happen.
4. My airline or travel supplier just declared bankruptcy.
Common carriers with financial difficulties are becoming increasingly common. Purchasing travel insurance provides cancellation/interruption coverage due to bankruptcy or financial default of your airline, tour operator or bus company.
5. I arrived at my destination but my luggage didn’t.
Whether your bag is lost or merely delayed, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of clothing and personal articles so you can enjoy your trip.
6. We missed our connection because of a flight delay.
Weather and mechanical difficulties often delay arrivals into a connecting city past the departure of the next flight. If your travel delay is 5 hours or more, you can be reimbursed for the unused portion of your trip and for additional accommodations and meals.
7. A terrorist act has occurred in a city where my flight will be connecting.
Both domestic and international terrorist incidents are reasons to cancel your trip and protect your investment.
8. I think my son has an ear infection – how do you say ‘ear infection’ in Italian?
Our travel insurance plan includes 24-hour worldwide assistance. Call toll-free to access our travel assistance company to receive advice or get contact information for English-speaking doctors in your area.
9. My wallet – with my credit cards and passport – has been stolen.
Emergency assistance services will help you to report your lost documents and make arrangements for an emergency cash transfer should it be required.
10. My trip is free or someone else is paying for it. Why do I still need travel insurance?
You can still receive all other base plan benefits including medical, baggage, trip delay coverage and more! Our plan even includes trip interruption coverage.